Amazon Discussion: PepZin GI dosages and timing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amazon Discussion: PepZin GI dosages and timing

Post by Admin on Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:31 am

(This discussion is copy and pasted from the original discussion in the comment section of Amazon's PepZin GI)

Trust and Rely asked:
Hi Kevin. Thanks so much for your great posts. Do you suggest taking one Pepzin
GI with meals four times daily? Is it best to take right before the first bite
of food? Right after the meal ends? In between meals on an empty stomach? ThanksĀ 
very much.

Kevin says:
Hi Trust and Rely

I like your name btw. Is that a reference to God ?
And it really depends what you're taking it for.
1) Taking for gastritis ? Then take in between meals, when you're stomach is
empty. It would coat the stomach and buffer the lining from your natural stomach
acid, when there's no food in it to normally do. 2-4 times per day in between
meals would probably be good.

2) Taking for acid reflux ? Then you can take it during, before, or in-between
meals. Try it whenever you feel acid reflux pain (this usually affects people
during or after meals). 2-4 times / day as needed

3) Taking for general stomach health ? Then 1-3 times per day with meals.
Pepzin GI is a multi-purpose supplement, and so how and when you take it will
depend on the person, and the intended use.

*Disclaimer:I am not a doctor, just a moderately intelligent person who has
experience using this product :-) .

Trust and Rely says:
Thank you Kevin (and yes, that's the reference I had in mind). Wink

Kevin says:
Awesome! Happy Sunday Very Happy

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep"

Medical Disclaimer: While every effort is made to provide accurate and useful information, no one on this site is representing themselves as a medical professional. Always consult with a medical professional for assistance before modifying their orders or making changes to your lifestyle/health regimen.

Admin
Admin

https://livingwithgastritis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Amazon Discussion: PepZin GI dosages and timing

Post by erbear on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:06 am

For gastritis I know we discussed between meals, but the bottle says 2 pills daily with a meal? Did you guys have the same dosage on the bottle? If I take it with each meal, is 1 pill or 2 better? For some reason seeing Zinc, I am worried to take it on an empty stomach...

erbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:53 am

Hi erbear

I totally understand your concern. When I was a gym-rat, I took all kinds of supplements - chelated zinc was one of them (it was supposed to maximize free testosterone).

It ALWAYS made me nauseous when taking it on an empty stomach. So in this case, the directions on the bottle to "take with a meal" were to prevent this.

But with Pepzin GI, the zinc is chemically blended with carnosine - and it changes the entire structure of the molecule. I had ZERO nausea ever with the pepzin GI, and I often took it on an empty stomach in the middle of the night or early morning. My best guess is the "take with a meal" guidelines on the bottle are either the standard zinc warning, or to increase absorption.

But with the pepzin GI, we really don't want it to be absorbed or digested quickly. The longer it is in physical contact with our stomach, the more it can help it (reduced inflammation and a physical barrier from acids).

I encourage you to experiment both with taking during a meal, and with taking on an empty stomach. For me, the benefits (soothing, protective feeling) lasted more on an empty stomach than with a meal. My stomach pains were generally worse on an empty stomach, and Pepzin GI was a perfect "temporary soother" to help get me to my next meal. And it's not just a pain-killer effect - it has long term benefits through its anti-inflammatory action.

I researched the dosage heavily, and for me (male, 20s, 140-180lbs) I was quite safe to take up to 6 pills / day. Now I never took more than 5/day, and this was only to manage flare ups. My normal daily dose was 3. I took 3-5 per day for about a 2 year period, and I credit it with a lot of my progress.

I encourage you to peruse this quick summary of two clinical trials. The human trials tested 2 pills per day and 4 pills per day. Both were effective.
http://www.humanclinicals.org/pepzin-gi-1/

What I get from this is 1) 4 pills per day had negligible side effects, if any and 2) there are different dosing options that can be used that may be equally useful.

Definitely experiment a bit with timing and dose, and log your results in your food journal. Over time you will find what you body likes (and it may change as you heal too).

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep"

Medical Disclaimer: While every effort is made to provide accurate and useful information, no one on this site is representing themselves as a medical professional. Always consult with a medical professional for assistance before modifying their orders or making changes to your lifestyle/health regimen.

Admin
Admin

https://livingwithgastritis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum