Paging Kevin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paging Kevin

Post by sushine on Mon May 01, 2017 10:44 pm

Hi Kevin. Are you still on this site? Do you still have gastritis? I was originally diagnosed in fall of 2014 and just had an endoscopy that showed I might still have a little. I was on a PPI for over a year, ate very carefully, take Pepzin GI and don't know why I'm not fully healed. No bad pain like I used to have though. Thanks for your input.

sushine

Back to top Go down

Re: Paging Kevin

Post by ChuckS on Wed May 03, 2017 8:42 pm

Not to hijack your thread but I figured this place could use as much discussion as possible to encourage others to participate. I have been dealing with gastritis for over a year now. I was fortunate enough to eliminate most of the accompanying heartburn but have noticed of late greater pains with my upper stomach and chronic belching. I believe some of us have more chronic issues than standard cases that are healed in a few weeks or months. I think the best thing you can do is double down on your treatment, focusing primarily on a strict diet, whatever supplements seem to help you and continued followups with your doctor. The PPI's may be loosing their efficacy, perhaps try switching to ranitidine or a different PPI.

ChuckS

Back to top Go down

Post by sushine on Wed May 03, 2017 9:21 pm

Thanks Chucks. I won't take PPIs or H2s ever again as the side effects are too horrific for me and getting off them is the most painful thing I've ever experienced, but I will keep up with the supplements and strict diet. Smile

sushine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum