H Pylori--Belching

View previous topic View next topic Go down

H Pylori--Belching

Post by ChuckS on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:40 pm

To Kevin,
I dont recall you ever saying that you tested positive for H Pylori, am I correct? I notice that whenever I have a slight pain, I feel mini burps coming on shortly after. I get these repeatedly during the day lately but never a large amount of gas. I assumed due to aspirin being the underlying cause of my gastritis that I did not have H Pylori. Perhaps this is a sign that I do or did you have similar issue as your stomach healed?

ChuckS

Back to top Go down

Re: H Pylori--Belching

Post by Admin on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:00 am

Hi Chuck

I've never brought up H. Pylori in my posts, but I was actually tested for it twice (blood test and stool sample) by two different facilities. Both turned up negative. But for anyone with gastritis, this should be the FIRST thing you check - as h. pylori is easy to treat, but will not go away on its own. It also is a common cause of gastritis and ulcers.

If you haven't been tested, I encourage you to go to your General Practitioner and suggest it. I believe the stool sample is the most accurate and most common. It sounds like aspirin is probably your "smoking gun", but it would be good to double check.

I had a similar issue, and it was caused by the moving around of air. Usually any sharp pains that come and go are caused by the moving around of air/gases in your digestive system. And it makes sense that the gas would result in burps shortly after.

To me, that doesn't make me think h. pylori infection. But like I said, I would still get it checked out if you have been dealing with this for more than a month or so.

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep"

Medical Disclaimer: While every effort is made to provide accurate and useful information, no one on this site is representing themselves as a medical professional. Always consult with a medical professional for assistance before modifying their orders or making changes to your lifestyle/health regimen.

Admin
Admin

https://livingwithgastritis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum