Introduce Yourself!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Introduce Yourself!

Post by Admin on Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:49 pm

Hey Everyone

Anyone that would like to introduce themselves is welcome to here in this topic. Feel free to give as little or much info as you like :-)

Kevin

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep"

Medical Disclaimer: While every effort is made to provide accurate and useful information, no one on this site is representing themselves as a medical professional. Always consult with a medical professional for assistance before modifying their orders or making changes to your lifestyle/health regimen.

Admin
Admin

https://livingwithgastritis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Post by ChuckS on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:23 pm

My name is Chuck and I began experiencing bad symptoms about 15 months ago culminating in a trip to ER for what I thought was a heart attack. The doctor found nothing wrong with me and 4 months later I made a return trip, believing my heart to explode any minute. Again the same result after EKG, bloodwork, X-Rays etc. My doctor this time however pegged my symptoms as acid reflux and prescribed omeprazole which I took daily for 30 days. Knowing very little about reflux, I didn't change my diet or took precautionary measures thinking that the PPI would quickly get rid of my issues. My pain would ebb and flow but I tried to kick the PPI's after not liking the nausea and reading alarming reports on long term side effects and terrible rebound symptoms if you tried to go off them.
    After 6+ months hoping to kick my reflux symptoms and pains, I began to read up on general GERD issues and herbal supplements. This lead me to realize that my symptoms were much more inline with gastritis rather than reflux, triggered by my habitual abuse of daily aspirin over many years. After 2 days of taking DGL/D-Limonene and Zinc Carnosine, I could feel a soothing sensation in my chest and after 5 days I could lay flat without any pain for the first time in nearly 2 years. While the heartburn has largely gone away, I still have occasional pain in the top part of my stomach and am having terrible belching issues right now. I plan on visiting a GI doctor next week to test for H Pylori and see if that eliminates my constant burping. I am now taking only Zinc Carnosine every other day and an occasional DGL, although I may have weened off these too quickly.
    I am trying to manage my symptoms primarily through food at this time, eating foods that Kevin listed in another thread and very small meals to ease digestion. I feel that I am about halfway through my journey and expect another 6-9 months of recovery/maintenance. I hope to provide more helpful information along the way and tell readers of my mistakes along the way. I understand most people that have migrated here are from the Amazon comment section, I hope you all jump in with questions and share your experience to help others as each case is unique.

ChuckS

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:30 pm

Hi Chuck

Welcome to the forums :-) And thanks for your story and information. So many people have no idea what is bothering them, or how to get better - so any and all stories give insight and perspective into the many routes gastritis can take.

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep"

Medical Disclaimer: While every effort is made to provide accurate and useful information, no one on this site is representing themselves as a medical professional. Always consult with a medical professional for assistance before modifying their orders or making changes to your lifestyle/health regimen.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hello

Post by erbear on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:02 am

Hello! I just ordered Zinc Carnosine on Amazon when I came across everyone's comments and it was music to my ears (or eyes) to read all the support. Thanks Kevin for starting this, I know in the beginning you didn't have time to set up a forum, but we are all thankful you did.

In 2013, I had surgery that led to gastritis after antibiotics, NSAIDS, and stress. I was 22 at the time and now I am 26. I was on PPI's for a year with no avail so I went natural and was able to be off of them for a few years. Recently, I had a flare up that lasted months with really bad nausea, throwing up, and a constant burning like I swallowed gasoline. So I am back on PPI's even though they really messed up my digestive system previously with SIBO and some nutrient deficiencies Sad But I need them now and I'm trying to pray that not every day will be the same and I can heal again.

Along with Zinc, I am trying colostrum, Aloe, and DGL. Everyone is different, so we all react differently to foods and such, but any advice is helpful!!!!! Prayers are helpful too <3 I want to start a family but I've let this control me for too long...patience is key- which is my weakness.

erbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:05 am

Hi erbear

Welcome to the forums! We're glad you're here :-) I hope some of this information can be helpful to you.

Hmm, I'm sorry to hear of your flareup. Sometimes acid reducers like PPIs and H2 blockers are a necessary evil.

I would say be careful of combining multiple variables. Definitely keep a food journal, and note good days and bad days and what you ate on and before that day. Over time, you will see a pattern and it'll help you figure out what bothers you.

I also advise to be careful with Aloe. I've never used it, but on some boards I saw other people got pain from it. I'm not familiar with colostrum, but DGL is a good one. I would encourage you to find a supplement or two that helps alleviate your symptoms, and then don't add any more. With too many supplements, it can be hard to tell what is helping and what is hurting.

Ideally, you choose just one - and you closely watch your diet.

I totally hear you about the family. Unfortunately, this doesn't go away quickly. God sometimes teaches through pain, so consider that. I am wiser beyond what I ever would have been had this not happened to me.

I encourage you to spend time reading the forums, especially the Beginner Tips page here
https://livingwithgastritis.forumotion.com/t32-beginner-tips

I will be praying for you.

Kevin

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erbear on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:54 am

You are so right! They are a necessary evil that I need to remind myself won't last. When you were weaning off, did you ever take Zantac on the days you didn't take the PPI and then the day that you took the PPI only take the PPI?

Thank you for the prayers!!! Spritutal support is just as important as physical support in this journey. You are right about not trying too much and keeping it simple so I made a list and went from there on what is neceasy and what is not for healing! Thanks for the advice!!

erbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum