Amazon Discussion: PPIs, H2 blockers, dosages

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amazon Discussion: PPIs, H2 blockers, dosages

Post by Admin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:52 am

(This discussion is copy and pasted from the original discussion in the comment section of Amazon's PepZin GI)

Amazon Customer asked:
Hi
Interesting reading. I have been on and off PPI's for a couple of years. Recently going through a HUGE flare up with unbelievable pain and bloating feeling. Have had Gastroscopy, ultrasound, colonoscopy and all they can find is Gastritis.
As the pain has not improved on my latest course of esomeprazole, the docs have advised to start taking Ranitidine twice a day too. I am worried about all of these meds! My question...did you start taking Pepzin whilst on PPI's & H2's?

Thanks
Nicky

Kevin answered:
Hi Nicky

I'm sorry to hear you're having a flare up. I'll pray for you to heal quickly ! And yes, I started taking Pepzin GI while on PPIs and H2s. But I would attempt to get off the PPIs... they did me more harm than good. It is safer to be on a high dose off Ranitidine (150 mg every 12 hours) than Ranitidine and any dose of a PPI. When in doubt, default to the H2s.

Perhaps take a friday off from work, and spend the weekend switching to Ranitidine? I found that for me, when my stomach was at it's worst, 75 mg of Ranitidine every 6 hours was more effective than any dose of PPI, and with fewer side effects (both long term and short term). Over the course of 15 months, I slowly increased the interval from 75 every 6 hours to 75 every 11.5 hours.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep"

Medical Disclaimer: While every effort is made to provide accurate and useful information, no one on this site is representing themselves as a medical professional. Always consult with a medical professional for assistance before modifying their orders or making changes to your lifestyle/health regimen.

Admin
Admin

https://livingwithgastritis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Amazon Discussion: PPIs, H2 blockers, dosages

Post by Admin on Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:05 am

(Thread was moved from another forum)

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep"

Medical Disclaimer: While every effort is made to provide accurate and useful information, no one on this site is representing themselves as a medical professional. Always consult with a medical professional for assistance before modifying their orders or making changes to your lifestyle/health regimen.

Admin
Admin

https://livingwithgastritis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum