Amazon Discussion: Endoscopy not always helpful, GERD vs Gastritis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amazon Discussion: Endoscopy not always helpful, GERD vs Gastritis

Post by Admin on Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:30 am

(This discussion is copy and pasted from the original discussion in the comment section of Amazon's PepZin GI)

Sunshine says:
Hi Kevin. Three questions:
1. did you have heartburn/gerd in addition to gastritis, and if so, what helped that condition
2. did you get a follow up endoscopy?
3. are you still taking pepzin? how long is it safe to take after healing?

Thank you

Kevin says:
Hi Sunshine

1) I only had gastritis. The symptoms are often similar, and sometimes go hand in hand. Gastritis is irritation of the stomach lining, GERD is acid backing up into your throats for various reasons. 

2) Nope. I had gone to 3 different gastroenterologist, and they had said an endoscopy wouldn't likely be very beneficial, as the cause of my issue was pretty clear.

3) I do occasionally still take it, but rarely. I use it only in the most extreme cases. Like last weekend, I had a mexican dish that had MANY tomatoes. My stomach bothered me the next two nights, and I took 2 Pepzin GI before bed so I could sleep better. It is safe to use indefinetly for most people. But, the goal is to get your stomach to health, and not to rely on pills. So only take when you need it if you are healed or feeling well again.

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep"

Medical Disclaimer: While every effort is made to provide accurate and useful information, no one on this site is representing themselves as a medical professional. Always consult with a medical professional for assistance before modifying their orders or making changes to your lifestyle/health regimen.

Admin
Admin

https://livingwithgastritis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum