Amazon Discussion: Finding Emotional Support

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amazon Discussion: Finding Emotional Support

Post by Admin on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:16 am

(This discussion is copy and pasted from the original discussion in the comment section of Amazon's PepZin GI)

Elaine K. says:
You don't know how much I look forward to your emails on this. Most people don't have any idea of what you are going through or how bad you really feel. It is a battle each and every day. Wanted to ask you how many of the zinc you took a day. Thought I saw 3 then somewhere else 4. Sometimes with the Zantac it feels like it hurts my stomach. I'm starting to think I don't need acid reduction. I am 65 so probably already have low acid. Thanks again for your replies. It means so much to me.

Kevin says:
Hi Elaine

That's very kind, and I'm glad I could be helpful. But, a random person online is not a substitute for involving real humans you can depend on and talk to. Be sure to open up to a loved one, or a friend, for some real support and comfort. And of course, pick up God's book when it hurts. God's plans for us sometimes involve pain, but it is not permanent.

In terms of a max dose, 5 or 6 is probably the max tolerable per day. I used 3-4 when my stomach was at my worst. This is not a medication that has a set dose, it's generally taken "as needed", just no more than 5 per day. And don't take 5 per day for longer than a few days. These maximums I got from general googling online and are only intended as a guideline.

As to the zantac bothering your stomach, I'm not sure what to say. Unfortunately I can only speak to my own experience. The zantac did bother my stomach (and made me groggy) but it was a necessary evil for me, because I felt worse without it. Consult with your doctor on the best path forward if you are at all unsure or do not see real progress soon.

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep"

Medical Disclaimer: While every effort is made to provide accurate and useful information, no one on this site is representing themselves as a medical professional. Always consult with a medical professional for assistance before modifying their orders or making changes to your lifestyle/health regimen.

Admin
Admin

https://livingwithgastritis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum