Amazon Discussion: Logging Well, Regaining Food Variety

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amazon Discussion: Logging Well, Regaining Food Variety

Post by Admin on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:14 am

(This discussion is copy and pasted from the original discussion in the comment section of Amazon's PepZin GI)

Elaine K. says:
Hi Kevin: So been on the zinc complex and am about ready to finish my first bottle. I have gotten off the PPI and have been taking 75 Zantac every 4 to 6 hours. Some days good some not. Recently had some discomfort on my right side so had a scan to see if gallbladder is working properly. Seems it is, crazy since I have discomfort and warmth on my right side. Am continuing my usual diet of fish/chicken, pasta, etc. Still seem to have the "burning" sensation from time to time. Some days better than others. Should I feel some difference after about a month of the complex? Am sleeping through the night without discomfort but still don't feel "normal" with the stomach area. 

How are you doing?

Kevin says:
Hi Elaine

That's great ! Coming off the PPI is the first step. Okay, why are some days worse than others? You need to be keeping a food journal to see what is triggering it on those bad days, and then try to avoid foods that disagree with you.

Interesting about the "right side" part. I know for me, sleeping on my right side is uncomfortable for me some days, so I mostly sleep on my left side. It's related to the way our stomach empties and it's actual position. Could be a similar thing here. Good job getting it checked out though.

A month ? No not really. This is a long term game. Eliminate triggers, use medications to "lessen" (not eliminate) acid, and promote natural healing by sleeping well, exercising, and trying to eat a balanced diet. But, you won't feel any better if you are not avoiding trigger foods. These foods are not gone for good, but your stomach just can't handle them right now. Keep a food journal so you know what you ate, what bothered you, and what didn't. It will help you become more in-tune with your diet as well.

I'm doing good :-) Slowly but surely progressing. Avocados used to be a "trigger food" for me because of their very high fat content, but now all the sudden I can have one or two every couple weeks with only minimal discomfort. Bear in mind I'm at the 2.5 year mark (2.5 years from the month I realized what was happening, stopped the caffeine pills cold, and began changing my diet and lifestyle to begin healing). I expect my ability to eat certain foods without discomfort to slowly come back over the next 1-3 years.

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep"

Medical Disclaimer: While every effort is made to provide accurate and useful information, no one on this site is representing themselves as a medical professional. Always consult with a medical professional for assistance before modifying their orders or making changes to your lifestyle/health regimen.

Admin
Admin

https://livingwithgastritis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum