Amazon Discussion: Gastritis, Meds, and the Flu Shot

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amazon Discussion: Gastritis, Meds, and the Flu Shot

Post by Admin on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:42 am

(This discussion is copy and pasted from the original discussion in the comment section of Amazon's PepZin GI)

Trust and Rely asked:
Any thoughts on flu shots? I feel my body is really weakened right now from the PPI rebound. Not sure if it would be more damaged by a flu shot or getting the flu. Very controversial, I know!

Kevin says:
Hi Trust and Rely

Vaccines are great for people with weakened or compromised health, that's why the CDC recommends the flu shot for the very young and the elderly. I've gotten one for the last 5 years.

The mild symptoms produced by the flu vaccine will not bother your stomach in any noticeable way. But, getting the flu will absolutely knock your body down a little; slowing the healing process.

Yes, there is a 1 in a Billion chance of a dangerous side effect or reaction from the vaccine. But, your chances of complications from getting the flu are MUCH higher than that - especially for the young, elderly, and sick.

Speak with your doctor about the flu shot. It's not too late in the season to get it if you haven't already.

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep"

Medical Disclaimer: While every effort is made to provide accurate and useful information, no one on this site is representing themselves as a medical professional. Always consult with a medical professional for assistance before modifying their orders or making changes to your lifestyle/health regimen.

Admin
Admin

https://livingwithgastritis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum